Dark Shadows — You know what? I liked it. It’s pretty, it’s funny, and the cast is appealing. It’s even a halfway decent vampire movie. (Especially compared to the Fright Night remake, which I thought was appallingly dull. )
I would cut a couple of unfortunate jokes and one scene, if I could, and I don’t much like Johnny Depp’s fakey-looking makeup. But he sold the character well enough that I stopped noticing the makeup after a while.
I know the hipsters all seem to hate Tim Burton these days, but — whatever. I would probably put Helena Bonham Carter and Johnny Depp in all my movies, too. Anyway, if you saw a preview and thought, as I did, “this looks ridiculous, but I’m laughing,” then I think the movie will deliver.
- howdoestheworldtick likes this
- merely-a-liar likes this
- merely-a-liar reblogged this from mcjulie
- for-i-am-not-the-one reblogged this from mcjulie
- as-if-nothing-really-matters reblogged this from mcjulie
- aclassyw0lfie likes this
- no-such-thing-as-too-much likes this
- angeefreak reblogged this from mcjulie and added:
- mcjulie posted this